Program #9 Innovative Periodontics: “How To” from Techniques to Products
Samuel B. Low, DDS, MS, M.Ed.
Audience Code: D, H, A 3 CEUs/Clinical Lecture
Want to utilize the Dental Hygienist’s time more productively? Looking for a quality resource for “what’s new” in dental products, systems, and technology? Periodontitis is a major reason for tooth loss and systemic complications. We create the user-friendly perio approach from patient acceptance scripting to chair side positive action. You will incorporate time tested and new technologies to find and manage periodontal disease. Take the frustration out of delivering periodontal care and gain success with patient case acceptance, tooth retention and financial reward.
SEE HANDOUT PAGE for ATTENDEE LECTURE MATERIAL (available in September)
- Empower the dental hygienists with expanded work descriptions beyond the “prophy”
- Develop “realistic” non-surgical therapies and the respective re-evaluation with emphasis on “new” anti-inflammatory systems including micro-ultrasonics and laser technology, and nutraceuticals such as probiotics and antioxidants
- Determine the efficacy of utilizing various laser wavelengths in sulcular decontamination, degranulation, new attachment, and bone regeneration
- Review successful parameters to determine tooth survival in short- and long-term prognosis
- Establish a quality periodontal maintenance program that enhances the restorative practice, including third party reimbursement
- Achieve greater positive interaction between dentists and the team through improved communication skills