Program 10 How to Eat Candy
Dr. Brian Nový Sponsored by: GC America, Inc.
Audience Code: D, H, A, O 2.5 CEUs/Clinical
Depriving cariogenic bacteria of sugar is the cornerstone of traditional caries management, yet the science of CAMBRA (Caries Management by Risk Assessment) takes cariology to a whole new level. If you are still telling patients to, “Brush, floss, and use fluoride toothpaste” you are going to be surprised by the myriad of treatment options available today. Streptococcus mutans has more to fear than stronger fluoride and more of it, as dentistry embraces oral healthcare.
- Identify risk factors leading to caries
- Explain the role of commensals
- Implement disease management in practice
- Safely consume a variety of candy and sugary beverages
- Prolong the life of restorations in all patients